PrimeWire Forum > Current Shows > Should I watch Season 2 of OA?

User Info Post
RoboPhone

A viewer asks:

“Does the new season of The OA make up for how season 1 ended? I got really into it but that finale left a bad taste in my brain
Siks: I want opinions before I invest myself again.”

What do you think?

Posted 1 year ago
RoboPhone

Here’s my thoughts :

OA is like a jigsaw puzzle that adds pieces as it goes along. Only when it is finished will the total mystery be revealed.

Without spoilage, more of Prairie Johnson’s fate will soon be provided, according to actor Brit Marling.

Marling, her co-writer and co-showrunner Zal Batmanglij, and Netflix have been deliberately cagey about giving too much away in order to keep it entertaining.

My best advice is to rewatch Season 1 before launching into Season 2. That will help fill in the continuity as much as possible. That’s what I’m going to do.

Please share your thoughts below.

Posted 1 year ago
8STORY8

@Robo in regards to comment in chat about us both finishing up last 2 epies of The Punisher and then getting into OA with fresh focus…well, finally finished Punisher :D enjoyed it! But now, onto The OA!!

Even though my son has started season 2 and assured me that I don’t have to re-watch S1, I might. He says that the first episode of S2 does a good job of covering what had happened, jogging ones memory. But in my experience his memory is better than my own. I’m good though at making associations. My recall fills in powerfully the more I focus on them, then later the more I think on it, and further more the more I talk about it (with my son or whomever). So, I decided today to see how I felt after watching a little of the first episode of Season 1 again. And, OMG, I am glad I did. Dang I had forgoten how wonderfully this show JUMPED right on into the “meat” of the story. It is quite ENGAGING right from the get-go and it made me want to know MORE. To me, just watching the first 12 minutes helped me see full circle to the ending of season 1. And I woke up my neurons about what an amazing deeply layered and intentional every “movement” of this show is. I am pretty sure I’m going to continue watching season 1 before I delve into season 2, but will see, will see.

Posted 1 year ago *
RoboPhone

You stated it exactly as I would have! Yes, it is very nuanced and due to how they’ve deliberately kept things mysterious, urges me to rewatch Season 1 to get the feel of it again, fresh. Like reading a book. End of Chapter 1 and now onto chapter 2. Hopefully, I will pick a few more pieces of the jigsaw along the way. My plate is presently full, but I will get there soon. In the meantime, I hope it is fulfilling for you and your son.

Posted 1 year ago *
8STORY8

Thanks RObo! and you too, when you get to it. I ended up watching the last episode of season 1 first, and then the first 20 or so minutes of the first episode of season 1 before watching season 2. And, I think that that was enough for me to feel I have enough information and recall and trust that what I need to remember will be filled in by either the writing or my memory and conversation. But if any one has any questions we could ask them and answer them here.

I’m now, and so is my son, though we are watching separately, finished watching the 2nd episode of Season 2. And, yes, we are both finding it fulfilling and can’t wait now to have a conversation with him about it. We’ve been busy talking about TWD and hadn’t said much about OA yet other than a few objective things and making sure we are understanding things correctly. And, I have a few side theories going on that may or may not be correct, lol. Will be fun to see. I’m busy too, so won’t say too much more about it now and particularly since you Robo haven’t seen it. ANd, if I do I will lead with “SPOILER ALERT.”

Posted 1 year ago *
Tiger8me

I just read this article, which made me look to see if the show was here. It was very thought provoking…now I really want to see the show.
https://twnews.us/us-news/i-don-t-want-to-be-the-strong-female-lead

Posted 6 months ago

You're not logged in!

PrimeWire Forum > Current Shows > Should I watch Season 2 of OA?

Generated on server ijsgoi