Forum Index > Front Desk > Which 1channel/LetMeWatchThis is real!?!?

User Info Post
CivilWarTrain
I've been experiencing some weird encounters with this place and other places that look like it.

When the site went offline for a while a few days back, I came across what looked like the same place, just with a different name. It was called 1channeldotbe, but after typing in the same web address, it led me to what looks like the same place, but this time it's called LetMeWatThisdotru. I tried logging in, but it kept saying the username or password was wrong and when I tried requesting a new password, nothing happened.

http://www.letmewatchthisdotru/

Recently I also tried to access the site through the 1channeldotch name and it brought me to what also looked like the site I wanted, but like on the other site, I could not log in to my account even after trying the 3 passwords that it would most likely be. When I tried to request a new password, it kept saying the username and email address did not match up, when it did.

http://www.1channeldotch/

This REALLY confused me, so I decided to try the LetMeWatchThis address, which led me here. Luckily I was finally able to log in to my account so I'm hoping this is the 1channel/LetMeWatchThis that everyone knows and loves.

Can someone PLEASE explain to me what is going on!? Are those two other sites just imitations of this place and is this place going back to its letmewatchthis name? I'm just really confused right now.

Edited by mod to take out links to clone sites
Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ( Edited 1 year, 5 months ago ) | Quote Post
Nassymoo
Please note that if it ends in .ru ? That means Russia.

As you can see, the real one has a Switzerland addy, .ch. Conföderatio Helvetia = Switzerland.
Posted 1 year, 5 months ago | Quote Post
Blazed08
still would like a little knowledge on whats up with the old site link 1channel cuz i was just as confused at not being able to log in as im sure many others are
johnnie_rotten
Is it wise to be posting active links that you really arent sure where they are going? But I wont pretend I know anything about anything.
H_A_L
It happened to me too....I tried logging in, it says incorrect details,then when I tried to request for a reset, it says email details doesn't match, and asked me to email admin, which I did.
Though everything seems suspicious.....silly me.
Then I google 1channel.ch, got the page, and was able to log in.
I guess I should expect lots of junk mail at the least and be thankful it's not worse.
MidgardDragon
See the 1channel Twitter for the basic situation:

(I can't post links yet, sorry, just check @real_1channel on Twitter.)

Last week the site went down due to a problem with their domain, according to 1channel.
Quote:
Quote:

We are having some issues with the 1channel domain, please use letmewatchthis domain in the mean time #1channel #letmewatchthis

Eventually it went back to normal and letmewatchthis just redirected to 1channel, which was again working.

Sometime yesterday it appears the site was "compromised", again via their Twitter they announced this:
Quote:
Quote:

Do NOT use 1channel domain, it has been compromised. Until further notice, use letmewatchthis

So now we are back to letmewatchthis and it does not redirect anywhere, for now. Use it until further notice, per the tweet posted above.

The .be, .cc, .ru etc. fakes are just that, fakes. Designed to fool people who are looking for 1channel.
calmlybleeding
Com. Mod

From Admin:
"Do not use 1channel.ch domain, it has been hijacked. It points to a fake site."

....I accidentally entered in the 1chan .ch domain, then entered in my username and password. ....it did nothing but say I had entered the wrong thing. It was just force of habit. ....First thing i did was cruise over here, primewire.ag

....Imediately went to settings and changed my password. After you click 'update', you will have to log in again. Used my username and NEW password, and all is now well.
graciasyou
@calmlybleeding I have 1channel bookmarked, and when the problem with 1channel occurred, I tried to log in on 1channel with my password (I was not aware of the circumstances). I've been logging in on letmewatchthis with no problem, so far. So my question is: are you recommending us to change our password?
Pardon if I misunderstood your post.
(Edit: to correct typos)
H_A_L
OMG
I am having so much problem resetting my password.
I wish there's an 'official' thread, telling us what's going on.
I am logged on a generated password for now, I will wait till tomorrow to see whether it's possible for me to change my password again.
Dev_Team
Administrator
hello, as you can tell 1channel got hacked and we are working hard on resolving this

in the mean time have you tried spreading the work on twitter, facebook or on the hijacked site to get our users on here as this would really help us as a community.

pm me or other mods about any log in issues or pass resets. If something is not working try restarting your browser and clearing the cookies and cache of it.

okay thanks for letting us know i was wondering whats the problem was
16dhampton
If we have accessed the website through 1channel.ch should we be worrying about our computer being infected?
enchantressa
I would suggest if you ended up going and signing up for a new account when you were on the hacked 1channel it probably be in your best interest to run a cleaner & malware scan/cleaner just be on the safe side not sure if its necessary but it cant hurt anything

Also been restating on fb letting folks know to come here to LMWT & to stay clear of 1chan for the time being
AstroStatic
omg what to do? I created a new account on that fake site -_-
MagsInCR
Com. Mod
Quote:
AstroStatic wrote:

omg what to do? I created a new account on that fake site -_-

Read earlier post:
Quote:
calmlybleeding wrote:

From Admin:
"Do not use 1channel.ch domain, it has been hijacked. It points to a fake site."

....I accidentally entered in the 1chan .ch domain, then entered in my username and password. ....it did nothing but say I had entered the wrong thing. It was just force of habit. ....First thing i did was cruise over here, primewire.ag

....Imediately went to settings and changed my password. After you click 'update', you will have to log in again. Used my username and NEW password, and all is now well.

Delete old bookmarks, bookmark this site and you're good to go.

Dev_Team
Administrator
i should not worry about having other new accounts there, just delete the account or change the pass and thats it.

i doubt any malware is running as they are busy trying to re-launch their own version of our community
rronald_25
Damn it, I went to 1channel.ch during the hacked problem and it says for security reason I have to create new account and I did, and until now I cant delete the account.

Ps: this is what is says on 1channel.ch
To minimize security risks due to recent hijacking attempts, we had to temporarly disable current usernames. Please create a new username till we check for any other security flaws.
MagsInCR
Com. Mod
Quote:
rronald_25 wrote:

Damn it, I went to 1channel.ch during the hacked problem and it says for security reason I have to create new account and I did, and until now I cant delete the account.

Ps: this is what is says on 1channel.ch
To minimize security risks due to recent hijacking attempts, we had to temporarly disable current usernames. Please create a new username till we check for any other security flaws.

Please read above posts by Admin and mods for info on what to do now.
spazmatron
How the hell can someone steal a complete website? clever. the amount of new users joining primewire.ag has slowed to almost snail pace, could we all not do something collectively to shut the other site down?
hotchy
I will never create a new account. Id never find all my favourites iv got saved so im safe lol.

You're not logged in!

Forum Index > Front Desk > Which 1channel/LetMeWatchThis is real!?!?

Join the site, its free!

Remember Me
Forgot Login | Sign Up

I can't watch movies! Help!

LetMeWatchThis Guide

Site Updates and News

Support the Site

Latest Comments

American Horror Story

metrice2121 : Girl u a mess lol

V/H/S: Viral

djsteviev : Big fan of the Franchise but this one was the worst of the series - not the grea ...

V/H/S: Viral

usarms : The fake camera distortion is annoying but otherwise a watchable movie.

Supernatural

DutchAssessor : ''You look terrible.'' Well, that's still 3 times better than I do. Thanks a ...

Vikings

JointlyJester : Vikings were actually a very peaceful people. It was their elite warriors, the B ...

Grace

misterfaustus : First person perspective? Lame. Look, a movie isn't good just because it's diffe ...

Hercules

Sarsaparilla : So much better than the legend of Hercules, it's not even really fair to compare ...

Paranormal Activity The Marked Ones

Impendingdoom777 : Honestly, this is the best one out of the whole franchise. There was almost none ...

Paranormal Activity 4

Impendingdoom777 : It starts slow like all the movies, but that ending was actually worth watching.

Left Behind

chanelicia : Being Christians, both my son and I watched this movie and it brought home the m ...

More Comments

Free Movie Newsletter

Tell Us Stuff

Support the Site