Forum Index > Old Shows > Debate surrounding the movie Leon/The Professional

User Info Post
Post by kirinketsz is hidden because it exceeded your tolerance threshold. ( ? ) [ Show/Hide Post ]
kirinketsz
ok i am sure 99.9% of the people have seen either 1 version or both of these versions. The Professional Being the Original Us Released version....and Leon Being the Uncut Full Version that left out some major issues in the movie.

Version 1 The Professional: leaves out the major romantic involvement between Matilda and Leon....even though some of the sexual nature was left in the movie a large part of it was removed concerning the uncut version.

Version 2 Leon: Introduces more back story surrounding leon and also a large removed part concerning Matilda's sexual involvement with Leon IE: Matilda getting out of the bed both her and leon had sex in and her jumping out of the bed while pulling her panties back up. Being suggestive enough but no to dramtic(Obviously nothing to dramatic cause she was a minor in the movie).

now the debate is this......some people would like to believe that it was a father daughter relationship going on. now.....if you actually watched the movie....you will know Matilda said many times about how she felt and even at one point told the hotel clerk that Leon wasn't her father but her lover.

now while the US version down played the sexual parts....the Uncut version didn't do any such thing. for instance, in Leon....you will see the full version...her getting out of bed pulling her panties up, the obvious romance between the two of them, the realization that Leon is a child himself in many ways and that Matilda is grown mentally in some ways as well. also in the uncut version Tony talks to Leon at length about his reasons for coming to america and about how it was over a woman that he found himself in america.

adding all this up....and while it is part of the story and also taking into account that the Uncut version tells the pull story and not part of it..... what are your thoughts....is what Matilda and Leon had really a sexual relation shit(Based on the facts of the movie)? Or was it really just a father daughter relationship as some would like to claim? (even though Matilda did jump out of the bed putting her panties back on herself)

Watch the Uncut version and give me your thoughts on this subject!
Posted 2 years, 2 months ago | Quote Post
kamikaze1
she liked him sexually he didn't reciprocate those feelings towards her and besides he seemed like a decent enough guy the type to not take advantage, also wiki says they slept next to each other (not sex)
kirinketsz
Quote:
kamikaze1 wrote:

she liked him sexually he didn't reciprocate those feelings towards her and besides he seemed like a decent enough guy the type to not take advantage, also wiki says they slept next to each other (not sex)

Your still not accounting for her pulling her panties up when getting out of bed......you need to actually look at the uncut version....cause she is sitting on the edge of the bed and pulls her panties up as she gets off the bed.....how do you account for that? and please don't say she is just adjusting them....cause the act of it was intentional..if it wasn't...they would have redone the whole shot to not show the motion of her doing that. it was to be suggested that they slept together...but not to actually show anything because remember.....natalie portman was just a child at the time and this was a a nationally made movie.
kamikaze1

Your still not accounting for her pulling her panties up when getting out of bed......you need to actually look at the uncut version....cause she is sitting on the edge of the bed and pulls her panties up as she gets off the bed.....how do you account for that? and please don't say she is just adjusting them....cause the act of it was intentional..if it wasn't...they would have redone the whole shot to not show the motion of her doing that. it was to be suggested that they slept together...but not to actually show anything because remember.....natalie portman was just a child at the time and this was a a nationally made movie.
[/quote]

As I remember it, it looked just like an adjustment not pulling them up but send me a link
MagsInCR
Com. Mod
This section is for old TV shows. You've also posted in Older Movies which is where it belongs. http://www.1channel.ch/forum/viewthread.php?tid=506655

Please feel free to continue the discussion in that thread, locking this one down.

You're not logged in!

Forum Index > Old Shows > Debate surrounding the movie Leon/The Professional

Join the site, its free!

Remember Me
Forgot Login | Sign Up

I can't watch movies! Help!

LetMeWatchThis Guide

Site Updates and News

Support the Site

Latest Comments

Extraterrestrial

GUESTIOUS : Slow start then hooks you. One of the better quality films of 2014 and in the ge ...

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

mslise : Love this show ;D

Altergeist

neachloc : most unorganized movie ive ever seen the story telling sucked they kept jumpimg ...

Girlfriend Intervention

KayLin3685 : I love makeover shows but this whole 'bringing out your inner black woman' is we ...

South Park

chanelicia : Such a funny spoof on the HSM movie series!

Akame ga Kill!

anainthestars : another great episode, the fight was really cool. Can't wait to see what happens ...

Manhattan

bringforthblogs : Im soo glad they are going to be make a season 2. Great actors, good storyline, ...

Manhattan

bringforthblogs : I really like this tv series. I recommend "Manhattan" to every ...

Once Upon a Time

trippytonganchick : Great episode! ^.^ Rumple is so wickedly awesome you can't help but love him lol ...

Helix

jrome20646 : He is 153 yrs old and you are 25...what the heck. lol

More Comments

Free Movie Newsletter

Tell Us Stuff

Support the Site