Forum Index > Off Topic > Malware may knock thousands off Internet on Monday July 9th.

User Info Post
Harrier
Malware may knock thousands off Internet on Monday July 9th.

http://www.mail.com/scitech/news/1408882-malware-knock-thousands-internet-monday.html#.23140-stage-hero1-2

If you don't have any Malware protection... you can get the free Malwarebytes here...

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
Posted 3 years, 11 months ago | Quote Post
omahablackrose
already have it...

update your software fellow computer buddies...make sure you are protected.
Disturbed84
I didn't have it, thanks Harrier. I downloaded it and apparently I had 2 of them that got rid of it. Though all I see is a trial period of 13 days :(
wop01
277,000 worldwide? That's like a drop in the ocean.
roines1987
let them tryuser posted image
Disturbed84
You know what I find out is that apparently there's a new search engine on chrome and that's a malware according to the scan i did. I didn't like that search in the first place.
Harrier
Quote:
Disturbed84 wrote:

I didn't have it, thanks Harrier. I downloaded it and apparently I had 2 of them that got rid of it. Though all I see is a trial period of 13 days

I have a purchased version but prior to that I had a free version that didn't expire.... maybe someone will come up with a longer term free version.
I'm sure there are copies around on file share sites that have a serial key.
Quote:
Disturbed84 wrote:

277,000 worldwide? That's like a drop in the ocean.

Yeah... but bad news if you are one of them Huh?

Harrier
Quote:
Disturbed84 wrote:

I didn't have it, thanks Harrier. I downloaded it and apparently I had 2 of them that got rid of it. Though all I see is a trial period of 13 days

Looks as though you downloaded or saw the 14 day free trial of the PRO version and NOT the original FREE version.
Posted 3 years, 11 months ago ( Edited 3 years, 11 months ago ) | Quote Post
Disturbed84
Nope, I hit the free one and it says trial on it. Oh well, least I'll have it on the 9th. First time hearing about this thing, I don't watch/read the news a lot, to depressing.
Posted 3 years, 11 months ago ( Edited 3 years, 11 months ago ) | Quote Post
Harrier
This link allows you to check if you are infected with the particular DNS CHANGER MALWARE. It free and it's fast to use.

http://www.dcwg.org/
Disturbed84
Awesome thanks, not infected. Which is good cause I just got my computer around a year ago. Thanks again. :)
nastulinka
thank u for the forum and the links,great help :) :)
TheArtistHaze
cheers for the heads up :) - i should be okay as i have avast and zonealarm, but will no doubt be crying like a baby and getting the withdrawel shakes should i lose the internet
DollaHolla
Ya I heard this on the news. good idea on posting the heads up.

But I agree with the poster saying 277k is a very small number. That # has to be even considerably less than the % of people who use no antivirus and would open/click/download anything they came across.

So like 10% of internet idiots will hurt themselves with this virus.

I'm rather looking forward to Monday to see if anything really happens.
Posted 3 years, 10 months ago | Quote Post
barber10
Holy crap don't worry about it. If anyone wants to call me a know it all. I read that article too. In the Statesman Journal (Salem, Oregon). Immediately I thought about this site and I feel secure in believing all will be well
Posted 3 years, 10 months ago | Quote Post

You're not logged in!

Forum Index > Off Topic > Malware may knock thousands off Internet on Monday July 9th.

Remember Me
Forgot Login | Make a Free Account

Information

LetMeWatchThis Guide TV Schedule

Support the Site

Site Updates and News

Did you know you can use Primewire.org and Primewire.is to access this site? Well, now you do.
Check out the personalized TV Schedule.

Primewire Trivia

Latest Comments

Hector and the Search for Happiness

saxonhorde : for me i found it superficial and cliched but it seems a lot of people really li ...

Roots

hantstwo : strange, you never hear libtards bring up the fact the blacks sold their neighbo ...

The Darkness

spookym : Pretty good, although I think the ending was a bit hasty and lazy. Could have pu ...

The Secret

pnktxcwbyhat : it could have been really amazing but the story is so muddy and boring..I can't ...

Gay For Play Game Show Starring RuPaul

Cricket_N_Michell : OK so Hollywood Squeers meets GAYEST SHOW EVA~!!! GO RU (see what I did there ;- ...

Powers

Cataclysmic : New season came as a complete surprise, really happy since most of my other show ...

Straight A's

Shadesdown2001 : Any time a movie can make me get choked up, it immediately goes into the GOOD MO ...

More Comments

Support the Site

Tell Us Stuff