Forum Index > Off Topic > Malware may knock thousands off Internet on Monday July 9th.

User Info Post
Harrier
Malware may knock thousands off Internet on Monday July 9th.

http://www.mail.com/scitech/news/1408882-malware-knock-thousands-internet-monday.html#.23140-stage-hero1-2

If you don't have any Malware protection... you can get the free Malwarebytes here...

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
Posted 2 years, 3 months ago | Quote Post
omahablackrose
already have it...

update your software fellow computer buddies...make sure you are protected.
Disturbed84
I didn't have it, thanks Harrier. I downloaded it and apparently I had 2 of them that got rid of it. Though all I see is a trial period of 13 days :(
wop01
277,000 worldwide? That's like a drop in the ocean.
roines1987
let them tryuser posted image
Disturbed84
You know what I find out is that apparently there's a new search engine on chrome and that's a malware according to the scan i did. I didn't like that search in the first place.
Harrier
Quote:
Disturbed84 wrote:

I didn't have it, thanks Harrier. I downloaded it and apparently I had 2 of them that got rid of it. Though all I see is a trial period of 13 days

I have a purchased version but prior to that I had a free version that didn't expire.... maybe someone will come up with a longer term free version.
I'm sure there are copies around on file share sites that have a serial key.
Quote:
Disturbed84 wrote:

277,000 worldwide? That's like a drop in the ocean.

Yeah... but bad news if you are one of them Huh?

Harrier
Quote:
Disturbed84 wrote:

I didn't have it, thanks Harrier. I downloaded it and apparently I had 2 of them that got rid of it. Though all I see is a trial period of 13 days

Looks as though you downloaded or saw the 14 day free trial of the PRO version and NOT the original FREE version.
Posted 2 years, 3 months ago ( Edited 2 years, 3 months ago ) | Quote Post
Disturbed84
Nope, I hit the free one and it says trial on it. Oh well, least I'll have it on the 9th. First time hearing about this thing, I don't watch/read the news a lot, to depressing.
Posted 2 years, 3 months ago ( Edited 2 years, 3 months ago ) | Quote Post
Harrier
This link allows you to check if you are infected with the particular DNS CHANGER MALWARE. It free and it's fast to use.

http://www.dcwg.org/
Disturbed84
Awesome thanks, not infected. Which is good cause I just got my computer around a year ago. Thanks again. :)
nastulinka
thank u for the forum and the links,great help :) :)
TheArtistHaze
cheers for the heads up :) - i should be okay as i have avast and zonealarm, but will no doubt be crying like a baby and getting the withdrawel shakes should i lose the internet
DollaHolla
Ya I heard this on the news. good idea on posting the heads up.

But I agree with the poster saying 277k is a very small number. That # has to be even considerably less than the % of people who use no antivirus and would open/click/download anything they came across.

So like 10% of internet idiots will hurt themselves with this virus.

I'm rather looking forward to Monday to see if anything really happens.
barber10
Holy crap don't worry about it. If anyone wants to call me a know it all. I read that article too. In the Statesman Journal (Salem, Oregon). Immediately I thought about this site and I feel secure in believing all will be well

You're not logged in!

Forum Index > Off Topic > Malware may knock thousands off Internet on Monday July 9th.

Join the site, its free!

Remember Me
Forgot Login | Sign Up

I can't watch movies! Help!

LetMeWatchThis Guide

Site Updates and News

Support the Site

Latest Comments

Life Unexpected

MGuci : loving this show so much :)

The 100

KateCrunch : It's Fallout!!! Awesome haha

Orphan Black

vovo : OMG this show is awsome my hubby wont watch it cuz hes had bad experances. We we ...

Star Wars Rebels

BUDDHA512 : this turning out to be a alright series.

Left Behind

Liger01 : boring movie more like a tv movie than anything, other then that it wasn't bad a ...

The Good Wife

iCica : Colin Sweeney is perhaps my favorite cameo character on the show.

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Anonymity82 : This episode... Really bothered me.. There has to be a part two coming or I'll r ...

Madagascar

TaureDawn : Comical escapees -- quite fun to watch. 8/10

V/H/S: Viral

AthenisK : Good segments and bad segments, just like the previous two. Definitely watch it ...

The 100

saharri : I'm guessing those in the mountain are keeping Clarke and her group for medical ...

More Comments

Free Movie Newsletter

Tell Us Stuff

Support the Site