Forum Index > Current Shows > MAD MEN FANS!

User Info Post
tangerine79
I could not believe Sunday's episode. It was so shocking. It had to be one of the best episodes I have ever seen. Wow.
Posted 2 years, 4 months ago | Quote Post
calmlybleeding
Com. Mod
It was pretty good.... every episode that the don's daughter sally is in, seems to have some crazy controversial subject matter.... I thought this episode was going to end up differently, with her and the young dude doing what curious kids do.... but still, it ended with a bit of a surprise.
tangerine79
*SPOILERS! DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN SEASON 5 EPISODE 12*

I agree, I though something was going to happen between Sally and her friend. She is much much too young. But her story touched my heart. I just love Sally. It was nice to see Betty acting like a good mom there for a moment.

I just can't get over the fact that Lane killed himself! I really liked his character. It had to have really bothered Don, because although he realized what a desperate situation Lane was in, Don thought Lane could just start anew because he has had to do it a lot. But just b/c it worked for Don doesn't mean it can work for every one. Lane was just too desperate. I think he felt so much shame in forging Don's signature. And I wonder if Lane hanging himself brought back any demons from when Don's younger brother hanged himself a few years before.
calmlybleeding
Com. Mod
yeah, was a bit of an odd ending for lane.... when the check was forged a few episodes ago, i was wondering where that was leading to. I was kind of surprised the way they did it. ....and they double faked it, first they had him try in the car, but the lemon wouldn't start, then they show him typing his letter.

Also, I wonder if peggy is done on the show.... or if she'll just have one episode next season?
tangerine79
I also wonder about Peggy. I don't want her to leave. She is such a integral part of the show. I think there is only one episode left of this season! I hope those sadistic bastards don't make us wait another two years for the next season! LOL!

Just incase you're interested YouTube has the cast on "Inside the Actors Studio."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1qd_UpnCFo
Post by calmlybleeding is hidden because it exceeded your tolerance threshold. ( ? ) [ Show/Hide Post ]
calmlybleeding
Com. Mod
cool, thanks for the link....

It's kind of interesting how Don has changed since the show started, especially this season. First there is that moment where Joan does that thing to become a partner, and Don comes over and tells her not to do it. She touches his face and says he's one of the good ones.....

Then when Don finds out about Lane fucking around with the checks, his first reaction is to cut ties with him. He does it in a respectable way. But it's the good thing to do, the right thing.

Yeah, Don is the main character, the alpha male.... but early shows, it was just might and power, now they slowly have him changed to noble man with a bit of morals.... it's just interesting.

And will lane's death cause Don to unravel? ....I'm just curious/interested where they go with the writing. ....of course, that can be said for all of the stories that are in progress with the show right now..... where will the writing go?

Another thing, a few episodes back, when Roger Sterling goes to Leary's place to try out LSD.... Those were great scenes.... It made the viewer feel stoned or messed up.... I just really admired the funny little things they did, with the cigarette dissapearing in two seconds, and the orchestra playing when the bottle cap was removed. Felt like I was reliving some sort of high.
tangerine79
You are so right in the ways that Don as changed. That's part of the genius of this show...the subtle character development over the years.

I agree with you about the LSD episode! That was great! Roger really felt like he was at that ball game!

They also made history this season by having a Beatles song played on the show. It only cost a measly $250,000! But it was money well spent because at that time the world
WAS The Beatles. I didn't know what song was coming as Megan handed him Revolver! "Tomorrow Never Knows" was a good choice. It really showed how society was changing. Watching Don lay in that chair listening to The Beatles was like watching my grandfather! He got up before the song even ended and was like, "NO." But that isn't his generation and he holds true to what he loves and believes in.

There are no saints on this show and that's what makes it all the more real. I suddenly feel like an old-fashioned and cigarette :)

You might have already seen this, but so many Mad Men fans are cracking up over it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsJSRP7cZVo
calmlybleeding
Com. Mod
lol, can't wait for a video of him just saying 'NO!'
tangerine79
LOL! That would be great! Just never saying "No" to a lady ;) LOL!
Posted 2 years, 4 months ago ( Edited 2 years, 4 months ago ) | Quote Post
tangerine79
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

tangerine79
user posted image

user posted image

Post by tangerine79 is hidden because it exceeded your tolerance threshold. ( ? ) [ Show/Hide Post ]
tangerine79
Tonight is the season finale! I am psyched! Shit's going down! The possibilities of what could happen are racing through my head. Damn, I'm a "Mad Men" geek.

user posted image
calmlybleeding
Com. Mod
....yeah, and game of thrones just ended it's season too.... ugh....

guess it's time to wait for breaking bad and boardwalk empire.
tangerine79
Boardwalk Empire...I DO have something to look forward to! That show kicks ass.
Post by tangerine79 is hidden because it exceeded your tolerance threshold. ( ? ) [ Show/Hide Post ]
tangerine79
*SPOILERS - DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WATCHED THE SEASON 5 FINALE*

Excellent end to another great season. So, Don was haunted by the death of Adam. The first time he "sees" Adam I thought, "My God! Adam didn't really kill himself all those years ago." But that was just my first reaction, as it becomes clear that the suicide of Lane brought up the issues of the suicide of Adam. It really did weigh heavily on Don's conscience and he was seeing Adam everywhere.

This season, especially this episode, dealt with a lot of mental illness issues and how they were handled in the 60s. I thought that was very interesting.

That last scene made me wonder...Oh, shit! Is Don going to start his cheating ways again?!

netcruis3r
i just got into this show a month ago. my nerdy supervisor recommended it and i was skeptical. i value his opinion but hes well...a nerd with a dry sense of humor. after being able to get thru the first 5 episodes, i must say i LOVE the show! cant wait til season 6. i must say that i think betty was short changed since don cheated on her and screwed her over, she was the one who got fat where don just was back to his old was of womanizing at the end of season 5
Posted 2 years, 3 months ago | Quote Post
netcruis3r
oh and i miss sal :( i think he was the best character with his debanair suits, and style.
calmlybleeding
Com. Mod
sal was an awesome character, i was hoping they might have him back for a small role, the same way they did with the harry krishna guy.
Post by calmlybleeding is hidden because it exceeded your tolerance threshold. ( ? ) [ Show/Hide Post ]
calmlybleeding
Com. Mod
Just watched the premiere for 5th season, I loved the scene where roger finds out his shoe shiner died, it felt so real. You feel nothing at moments when you are supposed to have emotion, then the smallest thing happens along, and it pours out.
Posted 1 year, 6 months ago | Quote Post
calmlybleeding
Com. Mod
user posted image
Posted 1 year, 4 months ago | Quote Post

You're not logged in!

Forum Index > Current Shows > MAD MEN FANS!

Join the site, its free!

Remember Me
Forgot Login | Sign Up

I can't watch movies! Help!

LetMeWatchThis Guide

Site Updates and News

Support the Site

Latest Comments

Ben 10 Omniverse

tapirpunk : LoL gyarados & magicarp

Wimbledon

GeminiSaga : One of the best sport dramas/comedies and great performance by the versatile Pau ...

Older Than America

Anonymous_Member : (o_0) Pretty dramatized, but that doesn't excuse the fact that real tragedies d ...

#CandidlyNicole

imagoddesstoo : Honestly, I didn't have many expectations before watching Candidly Nicole but de ...

Reign

littlewitchy : Straight in my heart! Great episode, love that the show is getting dark again.

Left Behind

idrow : Did Nicolas Cage lose a bet or is his career that over? This was a low budget mo ...

roni11479 : I love everything about this movie. Not only does it have action and is beautifu ...

American Horror Story

checkmyfavslist : Another good episode, but I wanna see what damage she can do.

Left Behind

MrsWatkins : Loved this version Left Behind !

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

sm0res : this was sad. had me feeling some type of way. but it happens all the time where ...

More Comments

Free Movie Newsletter

Tell Us Stuff

Support the Site