Forum Index > Latest Movies > The Avengers (2012)

User Info Post
beingpaul
Content Mod
Posted 2 years, 2 months ago ( Edited 2 years, 2 months ago ) | Quote Post
funkypup
I loved the Thor character! Can't wait to see more of him
Posted 2 years, 2 months ago | Quote Post
Rubber_Face
Yeah, i can't wait myself here... I'm looking forward seeing this one... I am watching a Hulk marathon thru mojar madia, counting down to the Avengers on May 4.
nickel721
I hope its long......I mean I hope its not a 1hr and a half.....Looking forward too seeing it........
Devil_King
i love iron man...Looking forward too seeing him.
HDDARKLORD
2hrs 23mins
indubitable
Love all - Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Black Widow, Thor and Hawk-Eye. The movie would have been complete with Peter Parker as Spiderman and Bruce as Batman. Too much to ask i guess, but i still feel incomplete without those two. :)
Rubber_Face
Quote:
indubitable wrote:

Love all - Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Black Widow, Thor and Hawk-Eye. The movie would have been complete with Peter Parker as Spiderman and Bruce as Batman. Too much to ask i guess, but i still feel incomplete without those two.

First of all, Batman is apart of Justice League, not Avengers. And also the second string DC Comics character, not Marvel Comics.

Second of all, Spider-Man & Wolverine didn't join the Avengers team league until later as the New Avengers.

So, they actually got the total among right with the Heroes. It's Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Hulk, who starts the Avengers team league before the other Marvel Heroes do. And Spider-Man & Wolverine isn't their first string to the league. They appear later on into the New Avengers team. Maybe if they make a second one to the Avengers? They both will appear to the team league and the series.
indubitable
Yeah. Fingers crossed. Lets Hope.
FredisDead
As long as the movie is good, I don't care what all they change..but I loved all of the original comics..collected them for many years..
ichoppryde
I hope this ends up being really good, going to theatre to watch it for sure! I have big expectations but a part of me feels like it is going to be cheesy. So far Batman seems to be the only one doing super hero movies the right way!
xAudreys
Im going to wait for the weekend just so I can see it in theater then Ill rewatch online.. Im already sure its going to be badass.
ProfessorFudger
Avengers is breaking records globally, and sales of movies tickets in the US are down 30% this week suspecting they may be saving their money to see the Avengers this week.

Ive not read a bad comment on any forum about Avengers with many saying they will be watching again and again.

It has already sold more pre release tickets than Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Iron Man 2 combined with that in mind this will be one moster hit for Disney.

I for one beamed from ear to ear, and cant wait to watch it AGAIN!!!

oh did i mention its made 200m so far which took The Hunger Games a month to reach. Its also the biggest selling opening weekend in 12 different countries so far. Hold on to your hats USA its gonna be huge

The Avengers took in a whopping $178 million this weekend overseas and is only gaining more steam.

$24.7 million in the U.K., Disney's best three-day weekend ever here.

With its May release in the US iminant, and Japan in August, I can see this film making the top 10 of all time.

I never post about films, but I had to with this baby, I saw it here in the UK yesterday and I cant wait to go again, and the last time i went to cinema was 3 years ago, it really was that special. USA your in for one tasty film.
ProfessorFudger
Quote:
ichoppryde wrote:

I hope this ends up being really good, going to theatre to watch it for sure! I have big expectations but a part of me feels like it is going to be cheesy.

Haha its as cheesy as a bowl of rice pudding, I never read the comics, im only 34 but i do like good v evil films. You will not be disappointed one bit.
smokathisa
Tottaly awesome movie
smokathisa
Best movie from marvel ever
ProfessorFudger
Avengers just cruised into the number 2 slot of opening night box office takings in America with a staggering 80m+ in one night. have made almost 500m so far worldwide I think it is safe to say this will easily break 1 billion and go down as a top 10 movie of all time. Yes its that good as all these post keep saying.
Trish3809
I did watch this on the cam PL link on here. I LOVED IT! I don't normally get excited about a movie, however, I'm definitely going to go to the theater for this one. I want it on DVD as well. Funny, exciting and I was actually clapping sitting here alone with my headphones on watching a Cam version. That bout says it all!
Oh, and what I watched stopped b4 the credits but I keep hearing about that. Hmmmm, darn it, will have to see at the movies I guess.
Posted 2 years, 2 months ago ( Edited 2 years, 2 months ago ) | Quote Post
razz00
Walt Disney Pictures is projecting that Marvel's The Avengers will earn an estimated $200.3 million at the domestic box office this weekend from 4,349 locations, making it the highest-grossing debut of all time! The previous record of $169.2 million was held by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 last year. "The Avengers" averaged $46,063 per theater in North America.

The movie has become the fastest to reach the $200 million mark domestically in three days.

"The Avengers," which received an A+ CinemaScore, will cross the $600 million global box office mark today after just 12 days of release! The film added another $151.5 million this weekend internationally and has reached $441.5 million overseas from 52 territories. The movie's estimated global total after today is $641.8 million!
ProfessorFudger
Well Ive been saying it now for a few days since I saw this in the UK last week, news reports stating this film has not just beaten but absolutely trounced the best ever opening weekend in the US topping the 200m takings mark, with Harry Potter now second best with a 169m. I am so pleased for everyone involved in the film, they have made a great family fun film for everyone to enjoy no matter how old you are, true quality.

You're not logged in!

Forum Index > Latest Movies > The Avengers (2012)

Join the site, its free!

Remember Me
Forgot Login | Sign Up

I can't watch movies! Help!

LetMeWatchThis Guide

Site Updates and News

Support the Site

Latest Comments

Men Behaving Badly

checkmyfavslist : Shame these seasons are so short, good end to season 3.

Detachment

iChaquail : I started to watch this movie a couple weeks ago, and then stopped about 30 minu ...

Tangled

cdogg87 : really great movie, really enjoyed it. one to watch with the family. 8/10

Dolores Claiborne

serafinkh : Kathy Bates and Judy Parfitt both deserved Oscars! Bates was terrific in &qu ...

The Zero Theorem

Osouls : uhhhh this was the dumbest movie i ever started to watch lasted about 30 min and ...

Need for Speed

Ramii : If u r fan of cars then u must watch it ... 7/10

The Raid 2: Berandal

3lines : The prison riot scene is just WOW

The Zero Theorem

zapater : Rather over the top story and acting but.....one must appreciate what Terry Gill ...

Orphan Black

Ravengal101 : Call me stupid but I always think that they should go for the truth in these sit ...

Men Behaving Badly

checkmyfavslist : Funniest episode so far, great stuff.

More Comments

Free Movie Newsletter

Tell Us Stuff

Support the Site