Forum Index > Current Shows > Spartacus: Vengeance

User Info Post
ProfessorFudger
Huge fan of this and couldn't wait to see the new one, having seen 3 episodes im hooked again, yes it a different actor, but the same great storyline still exists, i really cant wait till next weeks episode.
Posted 2 years, 8 months ago | Quote Post
MUNCHNPUSS
I really wasn't sure, and couldn't bring myself to watch it. Andy Whitfield was the man and I Didn't think they could ever fill the gigantic boots he left behind and I suppose they never really will but, I was pretty bored last night, and had nothing to watch, so I give it a try and couldn't agree more with The Professor. It is still very good. It has alot of the same characters and writers, so it was a little foolish of me not to believe they could still make it work and believe you me, they did, WITH VENGEANCE!!

P.S- I couldn't find the first or second epi on here, they must have been yanked, but I did find them, quite easily really. Someone actually has put the addy to episode one in the comment section which is a very good copy but if you want links to 1 and 2, PM me, Ill give them to you. Cheers
dragonlilt
I am loving the uncut episodes on here, locally they were cut to pieces and you lost so much of the gritty goryness
stgdevil
the eps are there, just spread out in a retarded way in different pages by some genius. I think I noticed the new episodes under season 2 of gods of the arena...wth?
klmno
Quote:
stgdevil wrote:

the eps are there, just spread out in a retarded way in different pages by some genius. I think I noticed the new episodes under season 2 of gods of the arena...wth?

I doubt it is only one person to blame for this. Everyone can upload an episode and choose where to post it. There has been a lot of confusion around Spartacus Blood and Sand(season 1), Vengeance(Season 2) and Goods of The Arena(prequel miniseries). Some people thinking that Vengeance is a separate show and some people counting GoTA as either season 1 or 2 hence thinking vengeance is season 3.

We all just got to help out and report wrong links as soon as we see them I guess.

On topic,
I have patiently been giving the new actor a chance before I judge him but I really starting to lose the interest. I dont't think he is a bad actor, he just don't fit the role for me. His body is just wrong, way tiny for a gladiator.

I still like the show but I find my self enjoying the other characters more and Spartacus less and less.

Andy is very much missed.
Post by shukujo is hidden because it exceeded your tolerance threshold. ( ? ) [ Show/Hide Post ]
shukujo
Food for thought: Whitfield took part in the selection process - a big part - of the new actor. The director, quite rightly, said that it will be up to the audience to decide whether or not they want to form a new bond with McIntyre. And while Whitfield was a large part of of what made Season 1 great, he was not 100% of what made it great. It is a fantastic show, and McIntyre is doing a smashing job of filling some VERY large shoes. My suggestion? Stop comparing him to Whitfield at all; that's a pointless thing for sure. Andy Whitfield should be allowed to Rest in Peace, and McIntyre deserves a fair chance to prove himself without constantly being held up to Andy's shadow.

Andy isn't the only actor who's been replaced, you know. The woman playing Naevea also did not return, due to scheduling conflicts.

I am thoroughly in love with Spartacus, as a tv show, all over again, just like I was with the first season. It's still got it, AS EXPECTED. JUPITER'S COCK, MAN!

P.S. I have an off-topic rant: to anyone posting episodes of Spartacus: Vengeance - the currently airing season is, in fact, SEASON 2, NOT SEASON 3. The previously aired 6 episode Spartacus: Gods of the Arena miniseries has NO season designation. If you require proof of this, please proceed to the website for the Starz network, the channel that airs Spartacus: Vengeance; they have been advertising Vengeance as Season 2 for months and months, and they continue to do so. Thank you. END RANT.
Posted 2 years, 8 months ago ( Edited 2 years, 8 months ago ) | Quote Post
ElKabeR
episode 5 air in 1 day 20 hours
jojo922414
I'm getting used to the 'new' Spartacus now..Yeah the old one (RIP) was excellent but the show must go on as they say..It is what it is.
I think the new guy is a great actor, he has all the pain,sorrow,nastiness and stature required to fulfil the void.
Its also getting very good.
MUNCHNPUSS
Show is great. Love every minute of it. As previously posted, I wasn't sure at first, but after the very first one I was again hooked on Spartacus. I do agree with Shukujo on the fact that people have to stop comparing the two. It is natural to do so at the beginning, but we are a few episodes in and all that should be done with. I hope and pray this isn't another Two and a Half Men type thing where people continuously compare. I can't believe that people are still hoofing that dead horse, like give it a rest. I think we can all agree that Andy Whitfield was great as this role and as far as I am concerned, was born for the role, but sadly, he is gone and as Shukujo said, maybe it is time we let go and let him rest and give McIntyre the shot he deserves, after all, it was Andy's dieing choice and we should all respect that if anything. R.I.P Andy Whitfield!!

P.S- Thanks for the info about Whitfields role in the replacement. I had no idea, and so far, I think he made a wise choice. He is doing great.
shukujo
*stands up, clapping after munchnpuss' input* Hear, hear! This great person has said it quite clearly: this most certainly NOT another Two and a Half Men, let Whitfield repose gracefully and peacefully, and give the poor horse a well-deserved break from all the flogging - after all, it hasn't done a thing to us, has it? LOL.

Thanks for the support there munchies...
jojo922414
The latest episode (libertus)..wow, what a show, brilliant.
Didn't think "kill em all" could be beaten but this episode was phenominal.
Its getting better and better.
Posted 2 years, 7 months ago | Quote Post
shukujo
jojo - ikr!!! I mean, SRSLY. But "Libertus" not only surpassed "Kill 'em All," it fully left me screaming for more. And talking, cheering, and jeering at my television throughout the entire episode like a complete idiot. Anyone who claims McIntyre hasn't FULLY acquitted himself now needs to have their eyes and brain checked by professionals.
jojo922414
Correct the shows movin on and so should we..
MUNCHNPUSS
I have to agree, Libertus surpassed any expectations I ever had. I was hoping the show would survive, and has it ever. That episode was EPIC!! The show just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait for Friday!
Post by jojo922414 is hidden because it exceeded your tolerance threshold. ( ? ) [ Show/Hide Post ]
jojo922414
Friday...shit I have to wait until monday!!
shukujo
OK - so I commented on S2 ep 5 "Chosen Path" on the episode page, but I think I'll repeat it here: Glabber AND Ash have now joined the ranks of scifi enemies such as The Cylons and Go'auld such as Apophis and Ba'al - guys who you just LOOOOOVE to hate, and who have a knack for staying alive and getting their 3rd, 4th, 5th....10th, 12th, and 15TH winds. YOU GOTTA LOVE ENEMIES LIKE THESE.

And I have just one word for the end of that episode: HORRIFYING. Ash really found himself a dark side guy this time, didn't he?? Glabber, yeah, always knew that was just beneath the surface. Ash? Meh, they kinda shoveled that fight scene down our throats a bit, but I still swallowed.

Anyone else like the nice detail camera work in the short fight btwn Sparty-boy and Gannicus?
Raphael17
I've always wanted to see a fight between Gannicus and Spartacus, it's just a shame it wasn't Andy who played him. R.I.P Andy Whitfield
HatHead
I know his character is dead and everything but I miss Quintus Batiatus. He was a great prime antagonist and actor however none of the "newer" antagonists, to me anyway, have the depth that his character had although Ashur is quite backstabbing weasel.
shukujo
Hathead I miss Quintus too, he was always fun to watch, whether in the throes of victory or plumbing the depths of defeat...
thunderbolito
i watched and still like it, is hard to replace the original actor but they've done a great job imho.

You're not logged in!

Forum Index > Current Shows > Spartacus: Vengeance

Join the site, its free!

Remember Me
Forgot Login | Sign Up

I can't watch movies! Help!

LetMeWatchThis Guide

Site Updates and News

Support the Site

Latest Comments

The Judge

marksmanbbs : the movie was a bit long but while watching it never once did i think of R.D.jr ...

The Hobbit

TaureDawn : I was 5 years old in 1977 - so I had the pleasure of watching it when it first a ...

Project Runway

Picklefrits : Yay.... not. This seasons winner is a 1 trick pony without an original idea in h ...

Mysteries at the Museum

emjohio : is FRANKIEDYNOMITE right?

Grimm

trenalaray : gosh.....cliff hangers!

Godzilla

ookamishi : It was surprisingly different. I enjoyed the similarity to the original gojira. ...

Grimm

filmfreak158 : Thanks to the lovely uploaders for such a prompt upload, I freaking love this si ...

Mysteries at the Museum

FRANKIEDYNOMITE : OK, this episode talks about the Anthrax HOAX..it was sent from a US military la ...

The Lair

guyrc3 : what are you thinking get rid of it...

V/H/S: Viral

Doughboy420 : I liked it...but I think the first and second are way better...this one is just ...

More Comments

Free Movie Newsletter

Tell Us Stuff

Support the Site