Forum Index > Off Topic > UFC PAGE DO NOT ENTER IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN MOST RECENT EVENT

User Info Post
02donmega
shes won all her fights by arm bar i think its 5 professional and 2 at amature level is that not a 1 trick pony every win with the same move ?
Posted 2 years, 9 months ago | Quote Post
mfree79
It's 4 Pro fights and 3 Amateur, but that's not my point. I was saying she can't be called a one trick pony unless she is proven to be subpar with the rest of her game...but has she?...NO!
It is ignorant to say she is a one trick pony when NONE of us have seen all of her game to make that statement. As a jiu-jitsu(derived from judo) practitioner myself, I would much rather use joint locks and chokes than to knock someone out.
You may be right, you may be wrong, but your assumption is way too early. She could be the most well rounded female fighter out there, we just don't know yet, because not one of her opponents has made it out of the first minute to even make it a fight. Don't blame her for her choice and ability to end fights, blame her opponents for their lack of ability to stop what they know is about to happen to them.

If you want to talk trash on any female fighter, how about Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos...we all know her one trick is Stanozolol(a synthetic anabolic steroid derived from testosterone). Stanozolol is preferred by many steroid users because it causes strength increases without excess weight gain, promotes increases in vascularity, and will not convert to estrogen...she wasn't fooling anyone. I can't wait until next year when Cyborg is off suspension so Ronda can show what kind of a fighter Cyborg is without the juice. Juicer or cheater, either way you look at it, Cyborg is a joke and a disgrace to the sport.
Posted 2 years, 9 months ago ( Edited 2 years, 9 months ago ) | Quote Post
Post by 02donmega is hidden because it exceeded your tolerance threshold. ( ? ) [ Show/Hide Post ]
02donmega
well someone who does the same thing over and hasnt shown anything else to her game sort of defines the phrase " 1 trick pony" so thats what she is until i see anything else off her im not saying shes not good at what she does thats why shes got a title shot but i think tate will take the win if ronda wins then ill take my hat off to her!

as for cyborg i wouldnt call her a disgrace she had ruined her reputation and damaged womens MMA she was basicly her whole weight division and they were struggling to find opponents for her and her aggressive style was winning alot of fans over to womens mma shes a big loss especially because gina carano wants to make movies now instead

but fuck that lol UFC143 WAR DIAZ im hoping for diaz and roy nelson to get victories and i allways enjoy watching koscheck get a slap !
MUNCHNPUSS
I have been away for a while but am back, Who is looking forward to the big fight tonite!!! I am, got me beer, got me pretzels, get me buddies, and got me 1channel, and the benefets of friends in the know. What else could a man want!!!!
02donmega
Quote:
MUNCHNPUSS wrote:

I have been away for a while but am back, Who is looking forward to the big fight tonite!!! I am, got me beer, got me pretzels, get me buddies, and got me 1channel, and the benefets of friends in the know. What else could a man want!!!!

just 1 thing missing bro a ufc ring girl in your house serving the drinks !!!
mosesjackson
Condit is going to shock some people. Look for a lot of leg kicks from Condit and Nick to try for the takedown. I don't think this will be a striking match.
mfree79
Quote:
02donmega wrote:

she was basicly her whole weight division and they were struggling to find opponents for her and her aggressive style

Well, that would be the advantage of steroids... It's like her opponents were facing the power of a man with all the testosterone in her system! I say good ridance to her for all of 2012.

otep39
Super Mod
If anyone wants to know where to watch the fight just pm me ..i can give you the website.
mfree79
I wish these refs would shut up and let the fighters fight!

Ed Herman looked good even though he took a few big shots.
Josh Koscheck vs Mike Pierce was a close fight, but I've never been a fan of a match up between two wrestlers.
Well, who would have thought Werdum could out strike Nelson.
Wow, great fight between imo the two best Welterweights in the world. Those two cardio machines needed ten rounds.
I would have to agree with Nick... Bouts are judged on Striking, Aggression, Grappling, and Octagon Control. It seems like judges are overlooking Aggression and Octagon Control. I find it hard to give a decision to a guy who was moving backwards and running the whole time.
I'm not the only one either... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/707833-pushing-the-pace-are-judges-overlooking-aggression-and-octagon-control
I guess that's why those judges make the big bucks to judge boxing and mma bouts, even though they have never trained a day in their lives!
My score:
Round 1: Diaz(Aggression and Octagon Control)
Round 2: Diaz(Aggression and Octagon Control)
Round 3: Condit(Striking)
Round 4: Condit(Striking and Grappling)
Round 5: Diaz(Aggression, Grappling, and Octagon Control)
Diaz 48-47. Plus Diaz had the only takedown of the fight and had back mount in Rd 5.
I'm just glad that someone has a chance at beating GSP... GSP is the only fighter I have ever fallen asleep to while watching. We need an exciting champion, one who doesn't fight not to lose, but actually fights to win... Hopefully Carlos will be it!

Now I can't wait for UFC144 on Feb 25. Edgar vs Henderson should be a sick fight.
02donmega
gutted last nite about the result and the performance of diaz hes my favorite mma fighter but he had no plan B last nite and i cant belive hes corner in the 4th and 5th didnt say look this fight is to close go and win it because hes got great cardio i think he never went into top gear at any time in the fight !

great performance by conduit sometimes they have to fight the smart fight to win but id love to have watched them go at it but hats off to conduit

ass for cyborgyou get tested before and after every fight so i refuse to write off all her victorys but yeh she is a discrace for testing positive but she can come back shes good for womens mma
black_falcon
Nick Diaz is one of my favourite fighters and will continue to be if he doesn't retire, however, his post fight reaction was a bit eesh. It was obvious on Nate and Perez's faces he was behind on points going into the 4th. Anyone watching could tell there was a look of concern.

I was disappointed hearing/reading comments from fans claiming he was robbed and calling Condit's "stick and move" strategy cowardly. I'm a huge Diaz bros fan but any real fight fan has to give cred to Condit and Jackson's for out thinking Team Diaz. I watched UFC141 Cowboy v Nate with a former pro-boxer who said "Cowboy needs to use the cage(space), stick-n-move and let Nate chase him in order to avoid Nate dictating the pace of the fight if he wanted to win". That's exactly what Condit did last night to older bro Nick and to my surprise worked. Condit was always moving, he did not give Nick enough time to reset and unload. As soon as he saw Nick close in he threw a quick 1-2 combo and was out the back door. After a while it started to frustrate Nick and he got a bit desperate. This was when we started to see Condit land some clean strikes to Nick's head with punches/kicks. I'm surprised Nick didn't take Nate's advice, I heard Nate say in the 3rd or 4th round "he's making you chase him, let him come to you".

re: Diaz retirement
Nick knows the danger in "leaving it to the judges" if we had to bring up UFC 49. He has been doing this for nearly 12yrs now, the rules has not changed and we all know what could happen if the judges get involved. You can not act like a 8yr old at ToysRus when things don't go your way, if this was a rookie I'd understand but Nick's a vet. I'm still a fan of his and I hope he gets another shot at Condit....but with a different game plan.

re: MMA fans
I've been following boxing and MMA for 22yrs, and even though there is a lot of controversy surrounding boxing, imo their fans are more knowledgeable about combat sport then we do in MMA. Some of the post fight comments from MMA fans like "fluke" "cowardly" and "cheat" is comical and embarrassing. This is the fight business, it has always been this way. What is known as "getting beaten to the punch" these mofos call it "fluke", what is known as "out thinking your opponent" they call it "cowardly" and what is known as "gamesmanship" they call "cheating". Some fans even said Werdum v Nelson was boring, seriously? that was the fight of the night for me, Nelson should've got an extra bonus for the GREAT ESCAPE when Werdum had his back.

re: GSP
They said last night he'll be back in training in June and should be ready for a fight in November/December. WTF! so Condit is going to sit around for 10months? give Diaz a rematch.
mfree79
Most of the UFC fighters are tweeting that they believe Diaz won, for the same reasons I listed earlier. Nobody wants to see a fighter running everytime he is engaged, and I sure hope that Condit doesn't turn into another Lyoto Machida. But my hats off to Jackson's Team for putting together a game plan and Condit for sticking to it.

Biggest news of all though, Dana White said he is considering a rematch before GSP gets back, which is supposed to be in November. Dana said it would all depend on Diaz and Condit. Plus GSP says he should be ready earlier than expected. I would love to see that rematch, maybe Diaz will come with a game plan for such an evasive fighter. The whole ideology of evasive combat is "running is better than fighting," but it doesn't impress fighters nor fans because evasive fighting is designed for self-defense, not true warriors.
mfree79
Quote:
black_falcon wrote:

Nick Diaz is one of my favourite fighters and will continue to be if he doesn't retire, however, his post fight reaction was a bit eesh.

I wouldn't worry about Diaz retiring. He is bipolar, as I am too, so I know you can't take what he said to seriously, he was just pissed off.
Post by MUNCHNPUSS is hidden because it exceeded your tolerance threshold. ( ? ) [ Show/Hide Post ]
MUNCHNPUSS
THIS WAS POSTED BY bugsinky, I KNEW IT WAS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THE MODS ERASED IT BECAUSE OF THE SPOILERS SO I COPIED AND PASTED HERE. I AM PMING HIM TO LET HIM KNOW. MOST DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS THREAD YET AND I AM STILL TRYING TO PROMOTE IT TO KILL THE SPOILERS!!!

I don't get how people are bitching about Diaz losing when if you know mma well and how the scoring is done then you would know he lost that a fight. Judges have made some bad calls but this was far from one of them. Condit kept diaz from putting him into the cage and trapping him (its what he does) Diaz gets his opponenets against the cage and kills them with his really good striking and gets into brawls, slug fest. Condit did not play into his trash talk and get into a brawl where diaz shines. He circled away and countered. He did more damage, octagon control, and landed more strikes. Stop bitching about it...its just as sad and being a baby just like Diaz for not winning. Diaz would make a horrible champion and stood no chance of beating GSP...if you think different then its funny. Diaz or condit are no where even close to the caliber of GSP. Ya Diaz retired Penn and beat him up badly...but so did GSP..gsp made him quit before the fight was even over. Just funny to listen to the band wagon people bitch about something that was clear as day
Post by MUNCHNPUSS is hidden because it exceeded your tolerance threshold. ( ? ) [ Show/Hide Post ]
MUNCHNPUSS
This is a PM between myself and another member. Agree or disagree??

(The other member)

It is what it is I never watch a ufc expecting every fighter to fight their best sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to win I am content on how the fight went. If Diaz wanted it bad he would have been more aggressive towards condit and he would have no excuses as to why he lost. He should have figured out what Condit was doing and stopped him. He had many chances. Condit was in and out hitting Diaz. Diaz could have pounded and chased him down to the fence etc. Condit wanted to win and he did. Peeps might like the way he did and I do not see him as a coward. Smart fighter.

(MUNCHNPUSS Me)

My sentiments exactly. Like I said, a bit of a sleeper, I like a little more aggression. Diaz had his chance and blew it, he can whine and cry all he wants but in the end a fighter should never, even leave the fight in the hands of the judges. Like you said, Condit played his game well, executed it perfectly, but at the same time left many an opportunity for Diaz to come in and smash him, which he should have done. In hindsight I am sure Diaz is kicking his ass and sure watching the replays kicking it even harder. As for him leaving the UFC, lol I give that a great big BULLSHIT!! Who could walk away from what they love for the money they make to do it. The next time Dana puts down a piece of paper for Diaz to sign, hell be on it so fuckin fast the pen will break, lol. I still believe we will see GSP and Diaz fight. The fans want to see GSP close his mouth and Dana is not the type to not give the fans what they want. Look at Lesner, James Tony and Kimbo Slice. None of them having any real business getting the chances they did, as fast as they did, but the fans wanted it and the UFC makes their money from what fans wanna see, and my prediction will be GSP vrs Diaz shortly after the Condit fight, either that or Condit taking 250000K injury to have to "Medically" miss his fight. lol. We will see how it plays out, but my money would heavily lie on Diaz vrs GSP as soon as it can be arranged.
MUNCHNPUSS
multiple posted
MUNCHNPUSS
multiple posted
MUNCHNPUSS
multiple posted
kefra
i understand the complaints from both sides, honestly it was an intelligent game plan against a dangerous attack of diaz, and trust me i would have preferred diaz to win simply because its fighting and he came out to fight, not chase the dude around; however, condit did study diaz's game and worked out a plan around it. the only thing i see as BS in that fight is the fact that this was similar to the style of fight as bisbing vs sonnin couple weeks back on fox, but they robbed bisbing of a sure win while bisbing was doing the same thing as condit against chale sonnin and still lost. the judging system is messed up and you can never tell what those pricks are looking for so the best advice is DONT LEAVE IT IN THE HANDS OF THE JUDGES if diaz lost, then bisbing should have one, that is an honest, fair, and unbiased opinion
hoban7
Condit outscored Diaz. As someone else said he only has one game plan.n Diaz can only win if the opponent wants to brawl / go toe to toe...Granted that is a fun fight to watch and very crowd pleasing, Condit out manuevered him. Frankie Edgar fights similar..Moves in and out of the pocket. Get it, get off, get out and don't get hit...Why is that coweredly?..Diaz could have upped the tempo....He wants to fight his game or or retire. He is a tough guy and a great athlete but a poor sportsman. JMHO

You're not logged in!

Forum Index > Off Topic > UFC PAGE DO NOT ENTER IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN MOST RECENT EVENT

Join the site, its free!

Remember Me
Forgot Login | Sign Up

I can't watch movies! Help!

LetMeWatchThis Guide

Site Updates and News

Did you know you can use Primewire.org and Primewire.is to access this site? Well, now you do.

Support the Site

Latest Comments

Castle

jross31 : The only good clip show episode of a tv show is Community's Paradigms of Human M ...

America's Next Top Model

walasa : lenox is so annoying all she does is cry and complain and she has 0 confidence t ...

Somebody's Gotta Do It

warcover : Good to see Rowe on the air again, had thought he was still a while away from ge ...

Nashville

nonaz : lol really liking this show, but that last song, way cheesy, cant believe theyd ...

Forever

Serpace : imagine if earth got destroyed he would keep coming back at that exact place aft ...

America's Next Top Model

Josephine052270 : Are they serious about these cheap wigs?? They look like crap! I have the same M ...

Blue Bloods

718 : great episode...

Beauty and the Beast

iWatchTV : Decent movie, makes me wish I could speak French!

Constantine

TheNiceness : A really good episode with some clues for what is to come. I loved what Z saw in ...

Grimm

currymel : I'm so proud of Juliet. That was a hard decision to make. Hmmm, are we going to ...

More Comments

Tell Us Stuff

Support the Site