Forum Index > Front Desk > Official Putlocker/Firedrive Thread

User Info Post
roines1987
ok im done trying to fix this, tried so many things and read on Google that a lot of people are experiencing the same thing,so i give up for now, so please if anyone got a solution or know what the problem is then please tell.
here is is what i always end up with----Google Chrome could not connect to putlocker
Posted 2 years, 4 months ago | Quote Post
Rollin
I had an update to flashplayer (ubuntu system) and then putlocker/sockshare started acting up. So I ran flashaid, cleared caches and whatnot, disabled hardware acceleration, and PL still takes a crap after 3 minutes. I let the video buffer for 15 minutes! It looked like it was there, but after 3 minutes - nothing. Other sites are working just fine.
ozzium
this could be a fix for flowplayer which putlocker/sockshare/filebox uses and its flash player, also its a general way to fix flash installation

repair flash player

1. download flash uninstaller utility
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_Flash_Player_uninstaller
2. install ccleaner and run it, clean temp and repair registry errors, restart computer
(or you can download youruninstaller portable and uninstall flash with it, it will remove all junk and registry associations too)

now one more thing before installing flash again, thats opening internet explorer, tools > internet options >advanced tab and restore advanced settings

user posted image

after you're done hit apply , and click reset, hit apply and ok. then follow this procedure

1. hit windows logo key and R together, this will bring run menu
2. type msconfig
3. go to startup tab , untick checkboxes from everything except your antivirus, hit apply
4. go to the tab before startup, that is services tab, to the bottom left tick the checkbox saying "Hide all microsoft services" then disable some unnecessary boxes, mostly the ones with unknown manufacturer ,
user posted image

hit apply and ok, restart
5. download flash player for internet explorer , and for non-ie from these links and install them:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/

for firefox, opera, chrome...etc:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/

thats it, now if it requries a restart do so, if not just try to play a putlocker link again,. hope that helps
ozzium
can't find anything on it, but is putlocker.ch legit? it doesn't ask for code verification when you login. could be a scam?
Rollin
Quote:
ozzium wrote:

can't find anything on it, but is putlocker.ch legit? it doesn't ask for code verification when you login. could be a scam?

It's a scam.
Rollin
Quote:
ozzium wrote:

this could be a fix for flowplayer which putlocker/sockshare/filebox uses and its flash player, also its a general way to fix flash installation

repair flash player

1. download flash uninstaller utility
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_Flash_Player_uninstaller
2. install ccleaner and run it, clean temp and repair registry errors, restart computer
(or you can download youruninstaller portable and uninstall flash with it, it will remove all junk and registry associations too)

now one more thing before installing flash again, thats opening internet explorer, tools > internet options >advanced tab and restore advanced settings

user posted image

after you're done hit apply , and click reset, hit apply and ok. then follow this procedure

1. hit windows logo key and R together, this will bring run menu
2. type msconfig
3. go to startup tab , untick checkboxes from everything except your antivirus, hit apply
4. go to the tab before startup, that is services tab, to the bottom left tick the checkbox saying "Hide all microsoft services" then disable some unnecessary boxes, mostly the ones with unknown manufacturer ,
user posted image

hit apply and ok, restart
5. download flash player for internet explorer , and for non-ie from these links and install them:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/

for firefox, opera, chrome...etc:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/

thats it, now if it requries a restart do so, if not just try to play a putlocker link again,. hope that helps

I don't run windows - my machine is running on a linux platform. Your fix might help others . . .
Rollin
This is what I've found for Ubuntu folks - I haven't tried it yet: http://code.google.com/p/flowplayer-core/issues/detail?id=473
DebbieLegg
I'm going to join in and say the same, putlocker and sockshare won't work for me. They've been unaccessable for about a week now. Its like the links aren't there ... they take me to what appears to be a google list.

Damn shame cause they were always good to me in the past. :(
mfree79
I've tried to find a Putlocker or Sockshare link that doesn't work to see what is going on, but they are all working for me. So the only help I can be is to confirm that it is not the links themslves, as they are working fine.
Posted 2 years, 4 months ago ( Edited 2 years, 4 months ago ) | Quote Post
roines1987
ok folks i tried to load the putlocker on the nyipnow, and it works. the page works but you cant stream the movie on it. so at least the page is definitely working. but not for me and many others
Mongrokoto
I run linux mint on my laptop and putlocker and sockshare seems to work fine.tried on this and this
roines1987
tryid ozziums solution, but still no luck.
back to zero for me, once again.
nooooooo:(
DebbieLegg
It is so strange that it works absolutely fine for some people and absolutely not for others. Weird! :(
Rollin
I didn't change anything on my computer and now PL is doing fine. I am gonna say it's individual server issues. Some must be busier than others....
Thistle
Super Mod
that makes me think putlocker updated and the browsers have to catch up with their own updates
Mongrokoto
Maybe it will help to narrow down the problem if those having problem stated the name and version of the browser they are using.
drifter397
I have not been able to use Putlocker for a few days either. I went to the junk "let me watch this" website, and was able to use putlocker with no issues.
roines1987
win 7 ultimate 32 bit.
google chrome but tried it on firefox and explorer too.
i tried to contact the sockshare but they didnt write back(yet).
Xaotique
Contributor
Quote:
roines1987 wrote:

win 7 ultimate 32 bit.
google chrome but tried it on firefox and explorer too.
i tried to contact the sockshare but they didnt write back(yet).

Where do you live? If you live in a foreign country, try using a US VPN and seeing if you can connect.

Note that a proxy is useless for this test since it would get downloaded to another server, then you, while a VPN will use your software.

If that works, then it is most likely a location issue. If not, then very likely a problem on your end that you will need to figure out. Along with the location issue, it could include problems caused by your ISP blocking certain things, or even locally on your network, blocked by router or modem.

Xaotique
roines1987
i do suspect that the ISP has to do something with this. yesterday i tried to load the putlocker on the nyipnow through Canada, and it works.
im from norway that you can see in my profile.

You're not logged in!

Forum Index > Front Desk > Official Putlocker/Firedrive Thread

Join the site, its free!

Remember Me
Forgot Login | Sign Up

I can't watch movies! Help!

LetMeWatchThis Guide

Site Updates and News

Support the Site

Latest Comments

The Lair

guyrc3 : great episode... HOTT

The Big Bang Theory

adriss : Leonard killed me with his line. Too funny :)

Gotham

Omari3 : its getting really good

Gotham

alias6969 : This is starting to come together now and get very good! 5/5

Annabelle

akira96 : BOOOOORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the 70s all the housewife's did anti depr ...

Hercules

Mutefreak : Good movie,Intellectually Impressive...

Foo Fighters-Sonic Highways

FBananapants : Incredibly good. If you only saw the music video and haven't seen the documenta ...

Dear Mr Gacy

Bluidedoll67 : A really good movie that is completely based on fact. Gacy was such a sick manip ...

The Giver

slicknick66 : excellent movie..kind of makes you think of how we might be being manipulated i ...

The Originals

drayda : another great episode i love this show hallie plays her part so well. 9/10

More Comments

Free Movie Newsletter

Tell Us Stuff

Support the Site